I spend a lot of time on the internet. I make most of my money via various web ventures, and get the bulk of my entertainment through web channels. Since I’m online so much I spend a lot of that time reading various men’s lifestyle blogs, listening to lifestyle podcasts and watching lifestyle YouTube channels.
I wanted to list all of my favorite lifestyle blogs in one place, for easy reference for myself. I have them bookmarked in my browser, but I thought it would be useful to share them here, not only for me, but as a reference for you. There are a ton of sites targeting men online: gear review sites, fashion sites, dating advice sites, etc. But generally I’ve found it hard to find men’s lifestyle blogs with exceptional quality content that doesn’t read like it was created by a corporate think tank, so when I find something good I tend to go back to it again and again.
What I look for in a good lifestyle blog (or vlog, or podcast) are a few elements:
- Original Content – I don’t want to see re-hashed, gimmicky marketing posts that are generic and lack value. I’ve been guilty of this in the past, but I’ve redeemed myself of these sins.
- A Creative Voice – If I’m reading your blog, or listening to your podcast, I want to feel like I’m listening to YOU, not the Associated Press Stylebook version of you. Be AUTHENTIC.
- Educational – I don’t want to just read for entertainment’s sake. If I wanted to do that I’d pick up a Henry Miller book. I want to be a better man after reading your blog than I was before reading it.
- Fun – A men’s lifestyle blog should contain engaging and fun content. If it’s dry and boring, why bother?
With that in mind, here are some of the best men’s lifestyle blogs that I recommend. I’ll keep this list short as I don’t want to bloat it linking to blogs that I don’t actually read. I feel these blogs meet the criteria listed previously. These are the blogs that I think you’ll enjoy and will come back to again and again, as I do.
Top Men’s Lifestyle Blogs (in no particular order):
- The Art of Manliness – I know, I know, this shows up on every list of great blogs, but there’s a reason for that. It meets all of the criteria listed above. Every post is fun, unique, and educational.
- George Hahn – I’m a big fan of George Hahn. His writing is enjoyable, and his aesthetic is based on a stylish simplicity. His posts on fashion and urban living inspire me to economize my life.
- Robb Wolf – When I’m looking for information on nutrition Robb Wolf is my go-to resource. This is technically outside the realm of “Men’s Lifestyle”, but his research into nutrition is invaluable for any man.
- Man Made DIY – Hopefully the title is self explanatory. Cool site exploring interesting DIY projects. Great ideas abound in this blog.
- The Quintessential Mind – A self-improvement blog with posts that are extremely well written and with a depth of thought not often found on the web.
- Tim Ferris – Tim Ferris is a blogger, podcaster and author of the best selling book “The 4-Hour Workweek“. Lots of great content on his blog on how to improve your life.
- The Dapper Savage – You didn’t think I’d leave my blog off this list did you?
Top Men’s Lifestyle Vlogs and Podcasts (also in no particular order):
- The Joe Rogan Podcast – I mean, what’s to say about Rogan that hasn’t already been said? If you haven’t heard of Joe Rogan have you even been on the web?
- Charisma on Command – This Vlog has a unique concept, they study human personality traits to help you hack yourself so you’ll be more adept in social situations. Tons of great content here if you’re trying to figure out how to navigate any social interaction.
- London Real – Their description reads “London Real is the curator of people worth watching”, and that’s EXACTLY what this Vlog provides. Brian Rose is the host and he does an amazing job of interviewing some of the most interesting people on the planet.
- Bedros Keuilian – Keuilian is a life and performance coach. His YouTube channel is filled with insightful content.
- Jocko Podcast – No list of mine could ever be complete without including Jocko Willink’s podcast. Jocko is an ex-navy seal, Brazilian jiu jitsu black belt, author and all-around solid dude with hours and hours of great life advice on his podcast.
These are the men’s lifestyle blogs and podcasts that I am currently consuming. I try to steer clear of the “stuff that’s cool” sites and focus on the blogs that provide actionable, quality content. As I find new stuff I’ll update this list. If you know of anything cool that I should check out please comment below with a link.